VictorB02

Resolving Free Will - Stepping Beyond Duality

1 post in this topic

Just wanted to share an Insight I had regarding free will. 

The insight is not that there is free will or there is not free will, but that it's both. It all depends on how you are looking at it, and the mind wants it to be one or the other, but its simply can't be one or the other, because it's not dualistic. Free Will isn't Dualistic. Its a Unity.

From the human point of view - absolutely we have free will. We have choice. This is our life, and if we don't take care of it - the fruit will not bear. We have to tend to this garden or else the weeds will grow. That is absolutely true.

From the Universes pov - "you" as a human have absolutely no free will at all. This is one cosmic movement. It's completely one thing, so it's impossible for "one part" to ever have true autonomy, because it's not actually a "part". It can't get outside itself. It is itself. It's one massive giant flowing river that nobody is control of or guiding. Its just doing its thing.

So, I think most people get confused here because they are looking for either - YES! It is free will, or NO! It isn't.

Even when you watch very intelligent people talk about free will, the paradigm they set up in their mind is that they either have to say yes or no. They don't realize it's both. They don't realize that their mind is bound to duality, not Reality. Reality isn't bound to Duality. It's beyond the mind. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Thats what makes this insight so cool and why I wanted to share it. This is the paradox of free will: You simultaneously have free will at the same exact time you don't have any at all.

Its a mind fuck.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,