JustinS

Mystical Experience In The Middle Of Night's Sleep

1 post in this topic

So I just had this incredible experience I've once had before but this time it was in longer duration (2 mins). I don't think it was a sleep paralysis because it was clear that I was able to move my body. It was also quite enjoyable. 

Upon falling into deep sleep I had an indescribable dream/sensations of vertigo, morphing inside out and back outside in continuously, like being blended alive. 

As soon as I woke up from this dream/sensation in the middle of the night first of all I noticed my mental state. It was undeniably sharp, awake, alive, and impossibly alert at such an hour as if I've just woke up from a month long nap, or on some high energy enhancement drug ..... all at the same time still feeling as if I'm in a dream. My body had an encompassing energy feel to it. Subtle vibrations surrounding my whole body. Feelings of lightness, coolness, and restfulness. I could feel the subtle coolness on my forehead, the warmth beneath the sheets. The little sensations I get after long sessions of meditation. It was a state of bliss, non-attachment, and non-knowing. 

Looking around the room was quite confusing with a hint of terror. Although my mind was sharp and alert, there was a shift in perspective. I looked at the ceiling fan and I said to myself "what in the world is that?," looked at my hand "what the heck is going on?" I was able to label such things as ceiling fan, hand, or blanket, however, there was a shift in perspective and I didn't know what any of these were for, for a minute, or why they were here or still yet why anything was here including myself. Just a state of utter confusion as if I've just been born at that exact moment. Please keep in mind, my mind was incredibly clear and awake, even more so than as I type this or as I've ever been in my last 20+ years..

Anyone else have similar experiences? Not talking about sleep paralysis here, I've had them too but different.