Clayton

The Zone Of Genius

6 posts in this topic

Hello, self-actualizers! My name is Clayton. This new forum expansion was a great idea, it will surely direct a lot of people on the self-actualized path. I look forward to chatting with other members about these topics! :D

One topic I want to learn more about is the zone of genius. If understood correctly, it can have a very positive impact on productivity. One popular book that covers the zone of genius is "The Big Leap" by Gay Hendricks. For those familiar with this subject, did it have a positive influence on your life? How did it affect your productivity?

Hi Clayton, nice to meet you! thank you for the book recommendation.. I haven't heard of it.. I will investigate it further..what are your thoughts on the book?

Lauren :) 

I have not bought the book yet. If turns out to be really helpful, I will be sure to tell the forums.

I'm quite skeptical about zone of genius. The fact that it is miles away from zone of excellence I'm not really sure.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

Wow, I just got done with reading this book a couple of weeks ago. And I have to say, its one of the best books I've ever read.

I recommend going over and over again and re-doing and re-answering the «Genius Questions».

By doing it, you get deeper to your core and what makes you tick. If you know exactly what makes you work in your “zone of genius” you can use it all the time.

I discovered that I like working in Illustrator and Photoshop because deep down I like being creative, create something new, give value to people/clients and be free to create whatever logo or design I want.

So I try to bring the same mindset to everyone thing I do through the day.

I’ve also stopped “limiting” myself when it comes to enjoying my day.

Sorry for my English, not a native speaker.