Zane

The Four Agreements

1 post in this topic

I just finished The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and it's an excellent example of ancient Aztec mysticism with practical application. The Four Agreements made me instantly connect to Leo's video on Non-Duality Goes Cosmopolitan and the Toltecs are another example of the mystics. They argued that we're living in self-constructed dreams of a society and that we create our own heavens and our own hells. Our words are white magic and black magic that we use to love or to harm. The path to freedom is the Four Agreements 1. Be Impeccable With Your Word 2. Don't Take Anything Personally 3. Don't Make Assumptions 4. Always Do Your Best 

This book felt like a realization that I've spent 2014 to 2017 focusing on creating that heaven in my life! I'm balancing being goal-driven and purpose-driven and vision-driven and that has resulted in amazing new experiences, the job offer in Vegas, graduating, making new friends, and re-capturing that childhood state of being free and wild. I'm realizing that i'm creating my own freedom and freedom has granted me the power to express my passion raw and authentically. I'm discovering the authentic Zane! I've also recently read a book about Asian philosphy and Taoism so I'm starting to become a sage.