Espaim

Lessons from Psychedelics: A Journey of Self-Discovery and Growth

1 post in this topic

Disclaimer: I want to clarify that although I refer to my experience as a 'psychedelic journey,' I am not implying that it is complete or definitive. It may sound very new-agey and it maybe is lol.

Hello, fellow actualizers,

I want to share with you my journey with psychedelics and meditation. About two years ago, I intentionally paused my psychedelic use and meditation practice. I was only 20 at the time, and I needed to focus on my life purpose. I have tried various psychedelics, including weed, mushrooms, LSD, DMT, MDMA, and some more that I don't remember. Among them, DMT and LSD were the ones I used the most. I tripped on these psychedelics around 80 times, all in just one year. Although I would like to have access to 5-Meo-DMT, it's an enormous challenge in my country.

Leo has inspired me to use psychedelics, and I thank him for that. I used them responsibly, following harm reduction guidelines, and doing serious inquiry during most of my trips. Although some of them were just for fun, I still prioritized safety. Since then, I've been investing in my life purpose, which involves the study of pharmaceuticals and drugs on the brain, from the perspective of psychology. Although I don't really like medicine or pharmacy enough to study those substances from those perspectives, psychology is my preferred choice.

Psychedelics aggressively expanded my mind in terms of open-mindedness. Although I don't consider myself enlightened or anything, I do believe that psychedelic and spiritual experiences helped me become a more well-rounded person and understand other perspectives. Some of my psychedelic experiences felt like years of therapy in hours. However, I felt like it was time to develop myself further, which is why I paused my psychedelic use. I felt somewhat ungrounded after going through all of those psychedelic trips.

During my psychedelic journey, I faced traumas and had existential questions answered, such as unconditional love, no self, the absolute, death, god realization, and many more. As a result, I noticed an increase in motivation in my personal life. Although I might not have reached the level of enlightenment that Leo claims is possible, I still found benefits from my psychedelic experiences.  Throughout my psychedelic experiences, I gained a valuable insight that has provided me with emotional stability - the idea of 'not-knowing.' While it's difficult to articulate, this has helped me tremendously, pragmatically speaking.

Before my psychedelic journey, I used to be a very disagreeable and sometimes aggressive person. Although I'm still disagreeable, I am way nicer now. It may sound contradictory to be socially anxious and aggressive, but I just wanted people not to interact with me. After using psychedelics and resolving most of my problems with social anxiety, I learned how to socialize properly, which made me more assertive. Moreover, I feel more authentic, which is very liberating.

I hope my journey with psychedelics can be useful for at least someone here. If you have any questions or want to share your experiences, feel free to do so. Thank you for reading!