Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jarl

Why does Leo stop at infinity?

3 posts in this topic

Was just watching this Leo interview. Around 4 hours in he compares his views with Tom Campbell's. I pretty much entirely agree and have mentioned the same critiques to Tom, but this still seems like a blindspot for Leo. A major one.

If you asked Leo why he bothers with teaching or doing any of the human stuff he does, he'd say something along the lines of "Why not? What else am I to do but live here as God? Why would I want anything else?". It's like he can only be at one extreme or another. There's an infinity between human life and total God-realization, and he dismisses it off as "dreams that can maybe help with trauma". The sheer scale of Leo blindspot is hard to fully comprehend, but it's pretty big.

I've only recently come across Tom Campbell and I found him while trying to get pointers on out of body experience. I refused to fall into beliefs until I  had set a rule for myself, not just to become aware in what seemed to be a lucid dream but to be fully aware from the start of the intention as I lay down in bed to finish when coming back to the perception of the body in the bed and then getting up). Eventually one night, it happened from beginning to end and I was fully aware the whole way through. Campbells description of the less finite realities outside this one makes sense as I have managed to 'shift' into a few of them. I agree with him when he goes against the use of the terms 'astral' and 'out of body' because it's not like that at all. I was only able to do this after listening to and understanding Campbells TOE. The very night I finished one of his 3 days lectures, I shifted into two other realities and was able to explore fully  (previously I only got a few minutes of a glimpse and I would shoot back into this reality and wake up the body). From Campbells theory of everything, it has helped me to 'shift' into other realities, some similar to psychedelic spaces but I had been waking up in these spaces in the middle of the night most of last year anyway. I had been putting allot more focus into using my mind to shift into altered states and realities rather than repeatedly going back to psychedelics. It was another rule I set myself and that was not to rely on the psychedelics but do the hard work to train the mind. I would call this an intuition Ive had since I was in my teens and I would be interested now to see if I could now direct a psychedelic experience into one of these realities (who knows, I will allow the uncertainty so that the probability is possible).

Leo's study was the first I came across when I was looking into philosophy to try to discern what truth was and I ended up deconstructing reality right back to staring infinity in the face (so to speak). This was the first time I found myself out of body from a meditation... in an infinite void and it was me, not me, paradox or absolute nothing one and the same as awareness etc etc... lept out of the chair I was sitting in absolute shock having been an athiest realizing that god was real and it was nothing like anyone had ever described it.

I had a cannabis experience that knocked me unconscious and brought me from the moment infinity moved, right up to constructing reality and projecting itself into it using belief and imagination. I understood the whole process and small details within it because I was the one who was not coming back unless 'I' created reality in order to get back into it. I experienced this empirically and understood what Leo had been talking about even though I understood it conceptually before... I had a very deep understanding after experiencing it and some of the things I had misconceived before became very clear. From this personal verification I would come down on the side of Leos solopsism and understanding of infinity. Infinity imagines itself as finite form in order to have an experience.

This doesnt really fit with Campbells TOE especially when Campbell goes into entropy and evolution but I have to remain open enough that I may have another experience that makes this a new narrative. Campbells description makes a llot of sense from the point of view of purpose and meaning but when I experience 'god' or whatever you would like to call it.... it is indeed infinite and can do anything because nothing means anything other than what it chooses it to mean. I do think leo has broken it down allot further than campbell who seems to be clinging to some form of logic.

Leos avoiding the multiple, less finite realities although he does acknowledge their possibility and campbells not really understanding infinity and claims the source cant be known and there's no such thing as symmetrical perfection.

There's another YouTuber called ken "Theoria Apophasis" who also seems to be against the idea of infinity as absolute nothing and gives out to no end that buddhists are idiots when they say they experience 'nothing' and he claims theres no such thing as nothing because the primordial state has to be something of awareness.

I experienced 'nothing' but when I came back from the experience, I had a new understanding of what 'nothing' was. It's meaning had changed from something of dismissal to something of a paradox but when I tried to explain this to him, he dismissed me as 'not getting it'. Maybe I'm not but I did experience that and I can't bring it back with me to show or explain other than to communicate it as a concept.

It could just be that each of these literally lives and experiences a different reality.

I have questioned that as I've seen Leo dismissing things as absolute nonsense that I have personally experienced. again it could be that is the reality I have constructed and one that cannot be seen by others and visa versa.

Personally, Ive reached an understanding that I cannot dismiss others experiences and I would agree with campbell not to go critisizing others but to endevour to love and understand them from the 'being' and not just the intellect.

To deconstruct reality requires the logic and reason that created it in the first place but to shift out of this reality requires dropping intellect altogether.

Leo helped me with the first and campbell helped me go beyond... but then I would also say visa versa in that each has a unique undertanding or perspective both of which have helped me achieve greater understandings.

Explore however much of Consciousness you want. But if follow Thomas Campbell you will never Awaken.

I am all for exploring Consciousness, unlike those fucking nondualists and Buddhists.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.