blacksapp

Does Sugar Affect Our Mood?

27 posts in this topic

@Michael569 Well if your beliefs are based off personal experience and not some scientific study you found on the internet then I'd love to hear them.

Edited by Yali

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

if you asked me today (not in 2017) I would absolutely agree

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you agree that you can eat as many fruits as you want or not?

1 hour ago, Ryan_047 said:

Do you agree that you can eat as many fruits as you want or not?

Yeah, I do. If you are healthy and don't have any digestive issues with them I don't see a problem with eating as many fruits as you can, ideally whole and unprocessed. 

1 hour ago, Yali said:

@Michael569 Whatcha think ? o.O

About the sugar topic? Well, there are several types of sugars. Complex sugars are digested slower (yes, this is a belief, I haven't measured this myself in a lab) than simple sugars such as orange juice. I'd preferably eat that orange whole but it is not a big deal in general. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 2/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, Michael569 said:

yes, this is a belief, I haven't measured this myself in a lab

yup, that's the problem. if you haven't expierenced it yourself how can you be sure it exists? it's pure hearsay. @Michael569

Edited by Yali

37 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Complex sugars are digested slower (yes, this is a belief, I haven't measured this myself in a lab) than simple sugars such as orange juice. I'd preferably eat that orange whole but it is not a big deal in general. 

But you can actually experience it effects on your mood and energy moments after its consumption. Experiment with that. See the difference of eating "simple sugars" vs "complex carbs". Eat them before workout.

You may aswell need to train your body to assimilate properly complex carbs if your diet always consisted of simple sugars. It is speculation btw, but again, you can test it for yourself, which is the best part.

Edited by Human Mint