Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ninja_pig

I Awakened and I DO Like it

1 post in this topic

Hello all, this is serving as a sequel to my previous post. As a refresher, I took 6g of mushrooms, had an awakening experience, and found the whole thing very depressing. I was pretty sure I was crazy. After a few weeks however I have come to realize some more positive aspects of the trip.

First, with time I have become more comfortable with my insights. I have heard that many people "forget" the insights after an awakening experience, but this has not been the case for me. Maybe since I didn't have such a fun time initially it has been easier for me to focus on the truth rather than the feeling of awakening. Who knows? (Actually I'm sure a lot of you know, please tell me what you think I would love to hear it).

Second, I finally think I have some idea of what it means to raise my consciousness. I think this because, while thinking about life out loud to some friends who would listen, I found myself saying the following phrases:

"Humanity can be thought of a single organism that exists across time and space. Specifically it is a self perpetuating, organized, intelligent mass of information that exists in the gene pool and manifests itself as individual human beings."

"When we structure our government and think about new economic policies, we need to take in all of reality into account. Any utopian thinker is ignoring some part of reality. The goal is to come up with a system that 1. Works 2. Plans for all the different types of people as much as possible 3. leads to at least a somewhat enjoyable existence for most people. We have problems like poverty/homelessness/inequality because we are not admitting to ourselves that not everyone is the same and we are not taking reality into account"

"Actually, we can think of all of life on earth, the entire ecosystem, as a single organism. This is because it's all interdependent, and even though on a small scale organisms will compete with and kill other organisms, the ultimate outcome is that life prevails and continually adapts to the environment."

I should make clear that I independently came to these conclusions by merely contemplating what I saw in my environment and studying different societies outside of my own. After saying these things, I was vaguely reminded of spiral dynamics stage Yellow and Turquoise. I looked up some information and I was blown away as it seemed like someone had directly quoted me and written it under the Yellow and Turquoise categories.

It was only then that I was really able to accept the spiral dynamics model, and I understood the actual benefit of spirituality. Before, I almost perfectly fit into stage orange, and later stage green categories while not really being able to understand the later stages and thinking that they were merely different, less good ways of thinking than the one I was at then. Now though, I have seen the world in a whole new way that only really made sense after I didn't focus on myself so much and saw the world for what it really was. If I had to put it into words, raising my consciousness was kind of like turning up the field of view slider in a video game. It allowed me to see the utterly incomprehensible, ruthlessly pragmatic, hopelessly complex process of life happening around me for what it was.

All of this happened after my big trip, and I don't know if it's something to do with awakening or if it's the mushrooms that have given me the the ability to think this way, but I somehow feel like the awakening and higher-order thinking are connected because both involve admitting truth to yourself and appreciating the whole world, not just one part of it.

Right now I am a university student studying Physics and Mathematics. My dream as of late has been to become a physicist just in case I can be one of those few throughout history that is actually worth their skin and comes up with something really valuable rather than just turning the proverbial crank of the scientific method, doing the same thing over and over and pretending like it is going to result in something new. This still seems like the best option to me, but I have also become very interested in sociology, economics, and politics because of my newfound perspective on the world. I am an intellectual at heart, I love playing with ideas. The trouble is I'm a mediocre student at a mediocre university right now so IDK if I will be able to make a career out of it, but I'm going to give it my best shot until the day I can say I have succeeded or completely failed. In the case of failure, I will simply be an armature intellectual!

Thank you for reading. I'm excited to hear any thoughts!