Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jelmar35

Wolfgang Smith on Vedic and Christian Union with God on TOE with Curt Jaimungal

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was wondering what your views are on this particular topic that was addressed on Wolfgang Smith's recent interview on Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal. My question is about the discussion around 1:48:44 in this video: 

Specifically, Smith claims that the Vedic and Christian versions of union with God are different and in fact polar opposites, yet both valid. The Vedic version would be one of "self-immolation," which I understand to be the realization of the no-self and true self that are very typically discussed here. The Christian version is, however, the exact opposite, where "everything becomes more real". I do not really understand this, but it reminded me of what Leo once said, that also ideas and concepts exist.

So, any ideas? Can any of you perhaps articulate this second version of union with God in a way that there is a chance of me somewhat grasping this? I am wondering if this second version is something worth pursuing.

Btw, amazing that this man can think so clearly at his age.

This guy clearly has no clue what God is. It's all just theory and stories.

But he's sorta correct that Buddhism is not God-Realization. Nirvikalpa Samadhi is not God-Realization.

I was listening to this interview last night for about an hour, and then I realized, "What the fuck am I doing? This is so stupid." None of this will get anyone to God.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.