Someone here

Internal self vs social self :which is more important?

5 posts in this topic

While reading this.. imagine you have two halves... one is your social half and the other is a more mental,philosophical half. Your social self is basicall.how you interact with others.. While your mental/philosophical self is how you interact with your self and your internal thoughts.

In a social environment.. such as a high school..or university ..what should be more important, the expanding your social self or your mental/philosophical self? Keep in mind the long term affects of these decisions.

My thoughts/experience in a university setting the survival of your social half is a high priority to a university student (Or to most people in high social settings), because this allows you to be happy and interact with others in a peaceful manner.. which in turn can have a positive effect on your mental half. However if you do not focus on your social half and are rejected by social norms it can have negative consequences on your mental half in the future.

But if you flip things around and focus only your mental/philosophical self..you grow internally  your view of the world changes and you are filled with knowledge and you can answer a lot of questions you might have about the world. These thoughts can drag you away from social growing which can possibly damage you mentally(You could be sad, anti social, depressed and such, and in my limited experience this has been the case, the more your question the world and think about things more, the more distant you become with social norms).

Should one risk their social self for the growing of their mental self? What is more worthwhile, In the end having knowledge about the world or about values etc.. means nothing, and being undamaged socially means nothing as well(adhering to a view that when you die nothing happens for the most part.)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I value my soul more than my social self. Spirituality is my life and my self, sociality is not. It’s a falsehood from and by the ego.

I will get back to the spiritual dimension, and this time I will figure out what and who they really are.

It’s too late to go back to the social dimension.

But spirit over matter.

7 minutes ago, Rahra said:

I value my soul more than my social self. Spirituality is my life and my self, sociality is not. It’s a falsehood from and by the ego.

I will get back to the spiritual dimension, and this time I will figure out what and who they really are.

It’s too late to go back to the social dimension.

But spirit over matter.

But you are not living by yourself in a cave somewhere aren't you?  You live within a society.  And as long as that is  the case you are forced by social obligations. Welcome to survival 101. So how can you engage in survival and remain uncorrupted spiritually? 

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But you are not living by yourself in a cave somewhere aren't you?  You live within a society.  And as long as that is  the case you are forced by social obligations. Welcome to survival 101. So how can you engage in survival and remain uncorrupted spiritually? 

There is no society for me.

I socialize with people only when I must, other than that I just talk.

I don’t go out, must of my time is in my apartment, when I go out it’s only to the places I’ve already decided in my mind to go to only.

Either to the store, buying pills, or to my family, or taking a walk while I trip.

My life and home is spirituality, my goal and end is in spirituality and tripping so I can enter spiritual dimensions, in my apartment, alone.

@Rahra do you have friends or buddies to hang out with? Ya know, to smoke some weed or to hit on girls l..etc 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho