WorthyBird

The Only Thing Stopping You

2 posts in this topic

It seems like there has recently been a lot of discussion regarding concerns of potential negative "post-enlightenment" side effects, such as impaired ability to function in daily life and even mental conditions such as depersonalization disorder and depression. Therefore, I would like to share one of the insights/understandings that has resonated most strongly in my experience in order to hopefully help cultivate a more positive context in which to interpret the realization of no-self. 

This is a post no-self insight/understanding that has enabled me to become exponentially more effective in life (including career, social interaction, fitness, etc.) than ever would have been possible for me in the self-bound paradigm. The insight is that the only thing stopping you is you. When you realize the conceptual self literally does not exist, it's limiting beliefs and various unconscious self-limiting mechanisms are exposed for what they are- complete and total bullshit. You now enter a paradigm of boundless freedom and previously inconceivable potential, free from your own self-limiting bullshit that was the only thing holding you back all along.

how embrace this fully without getting soaked back in because of homeostasis? or is homeostasis just another limiting belief?

Edited by Echoes