Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Answeept75

Sleep Apnea

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I am here for my son. I am a proud mother of twin boys ( 4-year-old ), Jake and Luke. They are not identical. Jake is above normal weight and Luke is maintaining a healthy weight. Recently, I noticed Jake snoring while sleeping. Our family doctor said that it could be sleep apnea. I was shocked. Can kids suffer from sleep apnea? My friend had undergone a sleep apnea therapy in Calgary  but I am not sure whether this treatment is recommended for a 4-year-old boy. What do you think? Will there be any issue if it is left untreated? Is it a life threatening condition?

Yes, sleep apnea can affect children as well. Is it life threatening? I don't think so but breathing pauses are a risky business and I'd get treatment if he really has this condition. You said he's overweight, that's one of the main things patients with sleep apnea have in common. So I'd work on his weight (either way). I don't know much about treatments but I know oxygen concentrators can be used for that (I used to sell them). But it all depends on how severe the condition is. But what makes the doctor think it's sleep apnea? Just because he is overweight and snores? Is he sure it's that? Does he really indeed have pauses between breathing? I'd get him checked thoroughly, perhaps get a second or third opinion from other doctors as well, and then see from there.

Edited by Annie

Adjusting diet is the best cure for all problems we suffer. Medical systems are mostly business trained and prolonged treatment and not actual cure like is found in nature. Herbs & spices are our real medicine.

First of all i am sorry to hear about you son and i am sure he will get better soon with simple things that can be adjusted in diet and lifestyle.

Try to limit meat/dairy/wheat/gluten from diet and if possible cut out all processed/junk foods.

Introduce more plant based foods and especially raw greens and vegetables into diet (these help oxygenate the body allowing better breathing)

They also they help alkalize the body so the body takes care of itself much better, Spirulina and Chlorella are wonderful supplements that can be added to anyone's diet suffering from any problems or deficiencies. Reishi and Cordyceps mushroom also help me tremendously with breathing.

Lots of fresh water, Sodas and sweets are terrible for us especially children's young developing minds need optimal nutrition while sugar eats away everything that's important.  Melatonin is also a very good supplement that can help as well as Epsom Salt Baths few times a week before bed.

Here are some herbs and links that help with sleep apnea and sleep disorders

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/9-best-herbs-lung-cleansing-respiratory-support/

http://naturalsociety.com/natural-sleep-apnea-treatments/

http://www.sleep-apnea-guide.com/natural-remedies-for-sleep-apnea.html

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-sleep-apnea.html

Hope these help

B R E A T H E

@Answeept75

Sleep Apnea
Since breathing is regulated by acid levels in the blood and this is influenced by air quality, air toxins should be searched for first.

Cigarette smoke is an air toxin. Vanadium from a gas leak is a very serious air toxin and can go unnoticed. Do your own checking since gas companies give wrong answers four out of five times. Ask a home construction company to check for gas leaks or the Health Department.

PVC from new carpeting may be polluting the air. Arsenic from “treated” carpets and drapes and furniture also pollutes. Asbestos from clothes and hair dryers may be the toxin responsible. Perhaps even fiberglass, formaldehyde, or freon.
Adults with sleep apnea show swollen throat tissues: not necessarily pain. This makes the air passage smaller; long gasps of air are taken to try to make up for the missed oxygen and the carbon dioxide build up.
Swelling of the throat is a common allergic reaction. The possibility of allergy should get second consideration after air quality. Drug reactions, even in a nursing baby, where only the mother is using a medicine could be the problem. Allergy to food, chemicals has been suggested, as well as a simple lack of vitamin C (implicating mold and medicine which consume vitamin C in the detoxification process). A third possibility is infection. Many bacteria and viruses can cause throat swelling. Redness of the throat is a telltale sign. It doesn't necessarily hurt. Kill all invaders with a zapper and try to understand the basis of low immunity in the throat.
Keeping metal in the mouth constantly, is a cause of low throat immunity since it must drain past the throat.
If you snore, you can deduce that your throat is swollen, even if you don't have sleep apnea. Pursue all three possible causes
(air toxin, allergy, infection). Overweight and obesity have been emphasized as causes.
This may apply to some cases but certainly not to babies.
Whatever you do, don't do nothing. Keep removing bad things until you find the cause of irregular breathing.