randomancer

Does One "have To" Be An Entrepreneur?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've developed quite a lot over the last years. Until I reached 20 I was shy, introverted and virgin with very low concioussness and self-esteem. Then I found the gym which worked like an upward spiral, I now have a lot more confidence, shredded body and get a lot of attention from women. Long story short, the passion for health and fitness got me into self development/self actualization I am now 24. Much thanks to Actualized I now employ more and more daily high-conciousness activities and cut the less resourceful stuff out, meditating every day, reading books every week and constantly try to apply them in practice as well as understanding the importance of pushing through comfort zones.

I've got a bachelor's degree in business and economics and this fall I'm starting a master's degree in the same field, focused on business controlling. Watching a lot of Leo's videos I get the feeling that to be truly actualized, one has to run his own business and work for himself. (Atleast for now) I don't have an urge to run my own company at all, or maybe just don't know what I would do. My passions and interests are health, fitness, personal development and learning.

I realize I keep rambling on, anyway the point of this thread was to ask for some insight on the topic of working for someone else as opposed to running your own business. When I hear Leo talk about working 9-5 or for someone else it sounds almost as that would be as bad as smoking or eating pizza every day. The reason why I ask is because even though I've raised my conciousness I still believe I'm only in the beginning of this journey.

I am an independent contractor with a franchise I own and I wish you lived by me. The person I most look for when hiring is someone who wants to learn the business and then open their own. I've done this process with 3 people so far and I get a great feeling of compassion for it. Just to clarify, I don't get any of their sales, I just love that I can help someone in their life. IMO, you are at the pinnacle of that understanding. Maybe look for an opportunity like this where you live. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 hours ago, I_Like_Thing said:

First of all, congrats on what you've achieved. 

imo you should follow your interest and passion. Period. Everything else will work itself out. 

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

I am an independent contractor with a franchise I own and I wish you lived by me. The person I most look for when hiring is someone who wants to learn the business and then open their own. I've done this process with 3 people so far and I get a great feeling of compassion for it. Just to clarify, I don't get any of their sales, I just love that I can help someone in their life. IMO, you are at the pinnacle of that understanding. Maybe look for an opportunity like this where you live. 

Sounds cool! Unfortunately I live in Sweden and I guess the chances you do too are not that high. ;)

I don't know how much talking about myself and my story contributes to the topic. Anyway, if it makes a difference my strengths are mainly associated with non-creativite characteristics. Obviously don't wanna identify myself as a non-creative person, but creativity hasn't been my strongest side (yet?). Discipline, analysis, accuracy, patience etc. comes more naturally for me. To be come a successful self-employed I feel like one needs more of the creative traits, which makes me doubt self-employment. Usually I feel more comfortable gathering experience to thrive in things, as opposed to being intuitive. I don't know, maybe I'm just telling that story to my ego? Or maybe there are ways to embrace my strengths and use them in some way? I was thinking maybe the best thing is to embrace what comes natural for me, while obviously working on my weaker sides. But what could be a good path for that?

Edited by randomancer

To me, your strengths are only what you've got going so far. I think we can all develop what we want. Given the strengths you presently mention, accounting, computer analytics, the military, and actuarial come to mind. You certainly don't 'have' to be self employed or anything else to enjoy the path of PD or enlightenment, or whatever.  I have a feeling about actuarial. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE