Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annie

Looking For Some Inspiration

5 posts in this topic

Perhaps some of you have a few healthy ideas on what to feed my kids. Basically what I'm looking for is this:

- breakfast which is quickly prepared

- lunch which will include the main protein of the day

- supper (perhaps with slow burning carbs?)

Their snacks usually consist of nuts and fruit.

One of them is a very picky eater so not only should the food be as nutrient dense as possible but also fun to eat.

I try to stay away from grains and I use organic whenever possible.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Quick and tasty and super nutritious breakfast: eggs and bacon, maybe with a little fruit.

For lunch, standard meat and veggies.  Slow cookers help for convenience, maybe the picky eater would like something like beef stew or chili, comforting foods like that.

For dinner, same as lunch but I like to also make sweet potato (or potato) wedges for "dessert", with ceylon cinnamon, maybe a liiitle bit of honey, some butter, salt pepper.  Way better tasting and better for you than any processed snacks.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Thanks for your input @InfinitePotential  Nothing wrong with eggs and bacon but I like to have the main amount of protein at lunch. And we'll try not to consume cooked protein after 2pm anymore (so the body has enough time to digest everything properly before bedtime) therefore dinner can't be the same as lunch. 90% of the time I don't use processed snacks or anything processed at all. Yes, slow cookers are great! I'm lazy that way ;)

@Annie Sounds like you're taking you and your family's diet seriously and taking steps to improve it, mad props.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Yes I do try to take it more serious. Problem is I'm a lazy cook...