Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sir_kulki

3 day solo meditation retreat

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Tomorrow evening I am leaving for 3-day solo meditation retreat. I've borrowed vacation home from my friend, out of town, where I plan to seat for three whole days, and I'll be going back on 4th day morning, My plan is to meditate from 5;00 - 22;00, with breaks of course. I would like to ask you for some advice how to structure the day. I have two 10-day vipassana retreat and one 3-day vipassana retreat on my account. There everything is scheduled and there is no need to think. Here I'll be all by myself. Of course I'll do meal preparation in advance to not focus on it too much, but I am not sure of how to plan the meditations. I am planning to do: self inquiry, do nothing, noting and concentration. I wonder if I should prepare fixed schedul when I do each technique, or should I just go with the flow and do whatever I feel to do at the moment? Should I schedule the breaks or again, should do them whenever I feel to? My feeling is, that I should prepare strict schedule for techniques and breaks, what do you think? I am planning to take 5-MeO with me and every evening, after whole day of meditation, do the trip. What are your thoughts on that?

Thank you very much for every advise, cheers!

maybe spend a lot of time thinking more than u usually would before you do the retreat to get a contrasting affect.

and also that could be a good way of making you feel tired of thinking by the time you start the retreat so maybe you won't crave thinking as much. you'll just wanna relax and enjoy the silence instead of feeling like you miss thoughts so much, cause you will have had you'll fill of thoughts