Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vagos

Heavy Metal Question

2 posts in this topic

Hey folks, so I was considering undergoing the urine tests that Leo is recommending for detecting the presence of heavy metals in urine.

The problem is that these are really expensive tests to do and Leo is suggesting doing two of these (one before and one after taking DMSA). Why is that? If I take one test (the one after DMSA administration) and the result comes out positive for a specific heavy metal doesn't that mean that I have this metal present in my organs and urine? And also if the result comes out negative, doesn't that mean I don't?

I have been interested in biohacking for quite some time so I have a generally good idea about how the body works so I was thinking why do we need the control test here.

The only thing that comes to mind as a reason for the control test is for determining if the heavy metals are only present in urine and not on organ tissue, in which case the situation might be less serious but still probably needs chelation therapy which I'm looking to do if it does come out positive. And also maybe seeing for yourself that DMSA actually works and does detox your heavy metals from first hand experience, which I don't really doubt to be honest, there is solid scientific evidence that it does, I feel I can trust that.
Thoughts?