The Mystical Man

Finding What's Deeper than Your Narrative

1 post in this topic

https://youtu.be/V-CgjoXtkwc

"We don't want to be going around for the rest of our lives chasing after someone else's experience. It's a stupid way to spend one's life force." - Adyashanti

"Just through the act of watching your breath, your nervous system starts to calm down." 

"There's nothing more divine than fat and sugar."

"Am I functioning from that connected ground? When you're not connected, it's because you didn't want to be. That's why we meditate. I don't care if you get really good at meditation. But when you start to see in a way you can't deny that there becomes recognizable a gap between your deeper ground and whatever the next reactive moment can be, and in that gap, if you've never seen it before, you will see it someday, any day, and in that gap, what's going to be horrible and wonderful, equally so, is you're going to see that something in you chooses which way it's going."

"What am I really valuing here? It's a horrible thing to realize, because it takes the victim mentality out of the equation." 

"Whether there is a chooser or not, there is choice." 

"What seems to make more difference than anything else, maybe more difference than anything else combined, is those people who love that true nature in everyone, and they love it, and they're devoted to it, and they're choosing it over and over and over. They're the most mature in spirit. Without that element of great valuing, a great love, a great devotion to our true nature, to reality, without that, nothing else can make up for it."

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins