Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RoyalFool

Ai— Second mind

2 posts in this topic

I could not find Ai topics within tech and non spiritual tabs here, so I figured I’d make one? 

I’m trying to find/learn to program an ai companion which can function— and I have no unrealistic expectations of this, as an extension of the “left hemisphere”; a second mind for material processing. I know fuckall about deep learning and machine learning, im trying to dive into it, a lot of what I see Ai being used for is art and fairly useless hype. 

Point me to/ help me code/figure out a deep learning Ai augment? Plz discuss or educate me or anything, trying to find a community to drop into for coding and ai assisted consciousness expansion.

I'd highly recommend a book by Hubert Dreyfus called 'What Computers (Still) Can't Do', as it takes a penetrating look into the epistemic foundations of AI.

He uses philosophical critique from phenomenology (a field of philosophy which analizes our direct experience) to explain why past attempts to develop a general problem solver AI were doomed to failure. And what modern attempts at AI can learn from these failures.

This book won't help you learn how to code or develop algorithms, but I could see it being useful for thinking more deeply about one's overall approach to AI in a broad sense.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/