jahanaraalkaios

Getting sober of internet addiction, but constantly getting urges to use it

1 post in this topic

I quit internet in my smartphone. I still use smartphone for making calls and other offline activities. But I don't use internet in my smartphone. (MAC blocked). I still use that in  my laptop.

The level of addictiveness in smartphone is different compared to laptop.

It's been 3 days and I've felt so many times urges to go back and start using it.

The funny thing is whatever I can do in smartphone, I can do that in laptop. But still I'm feeling that urge to use. Why?

Smartphone for me is all about mindless scrolling.

The reason why I'm doing it is because I've came to a late late realization. Realization that my whole career is being done because of smartphone addiction. 

I'm spending 14 hrs per day in smartphone. The solution is to get a job but the problem is I'm not getting any decent jobs with this habit. After quitting internet, I'm using smartphone for less than 6hrs. Most of those hours are just playing videos while doing something else. No mindless scrolling.

I tried  Black and white screen. It also causes the same effect to me.

It's not notifications for me because I don't use apps that gives notifications, I just block notifications if anyone sends it. I do everything on chrome on smartphone.

I tried time limiting but I really didn't find any good apps that can do it. I could do that in firefox using extension in smartphone but I could still go back to chrome. That seemed like it would work but due to lack of GOOD free apps, I failed there. (I can pay if the app costs <5$ and allows me to try the app at first).

People seem to say "you're addicted because you've some problem". I don't think that's true. You don't need any problem always to be addicted.

How do i pass through this phase? Why am I feeling urge to  use internet? Mostly my urges are when I'm eating food, I can't take my laptop with me at that time.