Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asayake

What's the best app for programming/tracking workouts?

3 posts in this topic

Just got back to the gym, I've had 1 month off the gym because I fell on a steel ladder with my hand when I was at the beach and scraped off all the skin on my pinky. That ladder was like a cheese grater. Anytime I bent my finger it would hurt so I couldn't grab onto anything which made strength training difficult to say the least..

However now I'm back and I'm more motivated than ever. Other members on this forum as well as irl friends of mine have been making good gym progress which has been a good inspiration for me. But I've realized I need to structure my training more and improve my tracking and not just do whatever I feel like to make more consistent progress.

Today I used notepad on my phone as I've done a few times before, just writing down what exercise I'm doing by hand, the number of sets & reps. But I realize there's dozens of apps out there that makes this tracking & planning of workouts easier. The questions is which ones are really good? I don't mind if it's a paid app, I just want something that works well. I don't necessarily need meal planning and this sort of stuff. To start I just want an app where you can enter what you did so it keeps track of your progress and where you can create workout plans for yourself to check off, that sort of thing. Maybe scheduling as well but not super important.

Does anyone here have experience with workout tracking/programming apps, which is the best one out there for my needs?

You can always just use a paper calendar. I used to do that back in the days when I tracked my workouts in my mid 20s and to be honest, it was the best form of tracking I found. You just can't share it on social media if that's your thing tho. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

45 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You can always just use a paper calendar. I used to do that back in the days when I tracked my workouts in my mid 20s and to be honest, it was the best form of tracking I found. You just can't share it on social media if that's your thing tho. 

I will give this a shot, I'm not really interested in sharing it on social media.