Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vynce

How flow works in the here and now.

1 post in this topic

During my last meditation retreat I completely became aware how flow works. By that I mean the state of comfortable excellence and enjoyment in anything you do. 

Many, myself included think that this state is somehow mysterious and only comes with certain activites, which you have trained for thousands of hours. It's like a random gift by God.

Forget all that.

The only one thing that puts you directly without any ambivalence into flow is complete surrender to this present experience right here. If you are doing something, give all your awareness to this doing as if it was the last and only thing you could ever do.

Do it completely for its own sake. For example of your are writing some text here on this forum, treat this text as if it was the point of your entire life. You were born to write this text NOW - this stops the thinking and construction of some other goal you might developed while writing. If you do it to reach some end, you immediately notice how the flow subsides to the degree of your "wanting to reach something with it". Treat it as if it was the point of the whole universe. 

Spoiler alert: it is ;)

Edited by Vynce