Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kwashiorkor

If there is a deist god it is amoral

2 posts in this topic

The problem of evil refutes the theistic conception of god. This leaves only a deist god which is an amoral first cause. Nature is amoral so if it has a designer then this designer would also be amoral. So why have anything at all? The deist god which I cannot discount, obviously gave no thought to the pain which is a byproduct of sentient existence. Nothingness would have been better. 

Edited by Kwashiorkor

I do have the same concerns as yours.  They usually call it the problem of evil I call it “The Infinite Options Problem,” and it’s goes like this:

If God is all powerful, then by definition he could have created any of an infinite variety of universes. If he is all knowing, then by definition he was aware of everything about all those universes. Some of those infinite universes had to have included all possible variations on this universe, including all those where individuals made different choices from people in this universe (that must be true if it's possible for people to make choices, regardless of whether free will exists or not). At least one of those universes had to have been one where Lucifer never rebelled against God, where Adam and Eve never disobeyed God, where mankind never became wicked, and nobody would ever need to be sent to hell. God could have chosen one of those universes to create, but he didn't. He chose this one, which means he DELIBERATELY engineered a universe where he knew everything would go wrong.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho