Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

The difference between seeking and enjoying

1 post in this topic

When you are seeking it is because you do not like the way you are presently feeling and believe attaining something can alleviate the feeling. Some more experienced seekers have discovered that attainment cannot permanently alleviate the unwanted feelings so they seek temporary attainment as a sort of buttress against the onslaught of the overwhelming negative emotions they keep generating.

Now the first issue is they are unaware that they are generating it so they are going the wrong way about it in trying to fix the problem. Like I mentioned earlier the more experienced seekers think differently. By this time they realize after enough experiences they are the ones generating these emotions but they cannot understand how they are doing it or if they do why they are powerless to stop it. 

I've said it before but your perception is filtered through your beliefs. Try this exercise if you are a guy. Stand in the mirror, look at yourself and say "Look at that handsome devil!" After you say that I want you to believe it. Put your attention on that belief, and then look at yourself in the mirror and look for PROOF that it is true. If you do it successfully you will find PROOF that you are handsome. Now do the opposite and you will find PROOF that you are not handsome. If you are a girl do the same but replace the word handsome with beautiful if you prefer. If you realize this power you have in perception you can train your beliefs to serve you. 

Here is a secret....the more sure of yourself you are....the more you can convince others to agree with you. A lot of people you meet are unsure of themselves and struggle to form their own opinion. If you are so sure your beliefs are true, you can convince other people of your own worldview. This is because people give away their power of belief to the beliefs of others who are more sure of their beliefs. This is exactly how someone can convince you that you are ugly, dumb, a loser, etc. Its no different than how a motivational speaker can convince you of the opposite. 

Instead of seeking the opinions of others, create your own opinion. Seekers are consumers, creators are enjoyers. Creators enjoy their creation, seekers consume the creation of others. If you can create your view of yourself to serve you, then you can enjoy the life of that character. You have allowed random sources in your life to develop your persona, and now you suffer the parts of that persona you don't like. If you don't like it change it. 

Well you might say what I don't like being short!! I can't change that!! You could, you can reframe being short as an advantage. For example, because I'm short I'm more down to earth, more grounded. You can always choose the beliefs that will serve your world view. The truth of life, is your entire life is just how you feel in the present moment. Everything else is just decoration.

You can be rich and be miserable, you can have sex and be miserable, you can live in a mud hut and be happy. You see when you aren't seeking something, then you are enjoying. You can only truly be enjoying something when seeking stops. Now you confuse that with attaining what you were seeking with enjoyment. It is enjoyment but it is only temporary. Enjoyment can be permanent, once seeking stops. If you want to know true happiness, discover the cessation of seeking. Because as long as you are seeking, then you are not happy. Happiness is enjoyment.

Also if you ever think the odds are stacked up against you: Check this video out. You will see how fortunate you are, its all in your mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc 

Of course you could say...of course he was able to become a motivational speaker!! Who wouldn't listen to a guy who looks like him when it comes to overcoming obstacles!! Your mind can craft any story on why things are different for you. It can also do the opposite. Cheers!!

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.