Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
el_duderino

vision: institute for people in their 20s

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

as I'm writing a book for young people who don't know what they want to do with their lives, a vision is more and more emerging and I now feel the urge to share it with you.

Here's the vision:
Setting up a an institute with the intention of bringing together people in their 20s from all over the planet in order to collectively get clear on the evolutionary challenges of their generation and then to collaborate in tackling them.

It may look like a mixture of a self-organized, evolutionary school (in the sense that it is a learning community with people meditating, contemplating, doing retreats and vision fasts and so on) and a kind of council.
There could be local learn-hubs (all over the planet) as well as online hubs, a "constructive" media/news channel, festivals, gatherings, etc., for young people finding their way in life and at the same time finding out what the role of their generation is.

The institute would be focused on three fundamental questions:
What is the big picture of the role of our generation in cosmic evolution?
In the context of my generation's evolutionary role, what is the big picture of my personal essential challenges in my 20s?
How can we collaborate together to adequately fulfill our generational role?

Assumptions of the institute would be:

• Planet Earth and humanity are in a time between worlds. In a time between worlds the old world is unraveling while the new world has not yet emerged.
  • Every generation has unique challenges it must recognize and successfully tackle.
  • Personal identity crises of young people are directly connected to the collective human identity crisis and the ecological crisis of spaceship Earth
  • Therefore to really dive into your personal identity crisis you inevitably dive into our collective crisis and vice versa.
  • Identity crises need to be embraced. There is no way around or above the crises. The only way is through, individually as well as collectively.
  • As most of us (current generation in their 20s) were not taught how to deal with our current personal and collective challenges by our parents, in school, in university or in mainstream media we need to take the fulfillment of our generational evolutionary role into our own hands.
  • Our 20s are a defining decade because we are setting the course for our personal lives, current life on Earth and the lives of future generations!
  • With technology and internet we have everything needed to collectively solving crises on the planetary scale, across continents and nations. Such planetary collaboration is needed now.
  • For possible evolutionary-informed future generations it will be obvious that they need to collectively agree on the role they have been assigned by evolution and then do their best to fulfill it as one humanity.

As I know that there are a lot of twenty-somethings here, let me know what you think! ;) 

I like it.

Maybe effective altruism will be something you'd be interested in too

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback