Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bird Larry

Am i an idiot for realizing this now: I show my ugly sides online easily

1 post in this topic

I feel like an idiot.... 

For example, people out on the world will not show their shadow sides so easily to people. But through online, it seems safe because usually we are anonymous. 

Even if we aren't anonymous, we blindly believe the internet isn't the "physical" world, we feel free to do anything we want. So we do not put any responsibility through the internet. 

One funny example, games. I used to play the sims 2. I know that this isn't just me.... I used to enjoy torturing the sims with my computer. I don't know why. I would never do this in real life. Not even on my toys, I would not torture anything. But on the sims, I would enjoy doing it. Every person who played this game have done this. 

If we play counter strike, the users in the game wear outlandish often perverted clothes to express themselves. Children and adults alike love to kill, torture, and play with corpses in games. Not that we ever do this in real life.We do this on software. Software is just as "physical" as real life, you know? 

Observing everyone who has social media, including myself, we often post things that are unspeakable in real life.

I really feel like an idiot for truly understanding this now about people. 

So it's so easy to treat other people as another "sims character" to torture, kill, and play with their corpses. Only, our attitude towards others exemplifies through software.

But in reality, software and hardware aren't at all different. I used to think software and hardware are sheer opposites. No, it's not at all.

It's the same logic as this: We think all kinds of ugly things with our minds, but we never display them with our bodies. Also, we have all sorts of ugly things in our computer software, hard-drive, and online, but we never display them in real life 

Edited by Bird Larry