Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Interesting Fact I Felt Like Sharing

2 posts in this topic

when i was about 5 or 6, I use to be able to do this cool thing with my eyes. I use to go to the shops with my mum quite a bit. the floor was short carpet, painted with this light blue, kind of like a beach water sort of blue, and it had these perfectly shaped, dark blue squares overlaying the top of the blue colour. Being bored as fuck, I use to walk with my mum and go cross eyed at the floor, and I use to be able to do this really cool thing: I could make the squares look like they were levitating off the ground. It was like being inside the movie tron, it was soooo cool.

I totally forgot about that experience I had as a kid, but I just looked at Leo's stereogram insight, and now realize, what I was doing as a kid was turning the floor of the shops into a stereogram! 

Cool insight Leo.

@electroBeam Yep, I used to do the very same thing, just for fun. I still do. It's also a bit like holding your index fingers out horizontally in front of your face and trying to make a third, double-ended floating finger inbetween them by uncrossing your eyes and overlaying the two images.

It was things like this that started to make me aware of the illusions of our perception and how clever our brains are at creating the perceieved experience.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu