Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BadHabits

Spirituality has made me cautious

2 posts in this topic

Spirituality has made me incredible cautious of what I say and how i say it, it's as if everything I say has an effect, and I'm responsible for every word I say and how it affects others. I hate giving advice or sharing anything about spirituality because its like I'm telling them something they shouldnt know or im giving advice for a situtation im not experiencing myself.  It's also just generally talking to anyone, I'm always thinking how this will effect others. As a result, I tend to be kinda detached and end up talking about shallow materialistic things.

Have any of you exprienced anything similar to this? Thoughts?

That sounds like the metaphysical analogue of over-socialization. When you're afraid to voice your own opinions because you're so concerned about social approval, that's over-socialization. When you're afraid to say anything because you're so concerned about the universe's approval, that's "over-metaphysicalization". Maybe this is the downside of "all is one" spirituality: if everything is connected, everything you do is potentially bad, and you can end up in a state of total paralysis. I don't see how you can go through life without a sense of individuality and metaphysical separation; it seems totally impractical.

Edited by Space Lizard