Darrick

Using Your Own Death As Motivation!!

2 posts in this topic

"Keep this lifestyle up, and you will NEVER get what you want. You will NEVER conquer your goals. YOU... Can DIE RIGHT NOW."

Hello world, I'm Darrick 27 from Silicon Valley! 

I recently watched Leo's video "Contemplating your own Death - To Stay Motivated for Life" (A must watch ;) if you haven't already)!!! I believe that specific video is the one that really got me into subscribing to his YouTube channel and began watching his videos routinely!

The topic of Death makes us all pretty uncomfortable but it's how we perceive it that really matters.

As a musician, drummer & hip hop artist i was stuck in a pretty dark rut of creative blockage that i couldn't seem to get out of for 4 years. My music wasn't going anywhere. I had these GREAT ideas that i wouldn't complete let alone even start. And the songs or ideas i would start, i'd lose interest in pretty quickly.

But then it happened.. 4 years after being stuck in that depressively dark, alcohol & cigarette infused rut i finally looked myself in the mirror (sounds corny i know) and said to myself "Keep this lifestyle up, and you will NEVER get what you want. You will NEVER conquer your goals. YOU... Can DIE RIGHT NOW." 

Right then my life changed. I knew the lifestyle of fear of EVERYTHING especially death had to be left in the past.

About a year ago i had an over the phone interview with a music promoter from Seattle, WA who was really interested in my hip hop lyrics and asked why my stage name is "DEMISE". I told her "Life & Death go hand in hand. We all experience our LIFE now, and will ALL experience our DEMISE one day. So it's very relevant & true like my music" ;) 

You must realize that is always running out and tomorrow is NEVER promised.. if you truly want to conquer a goal or dream you have to start working on it NOW!! Thanks Leo and thanks to everyone on the path of self actualization!

IMG_0850.jpg

It makes us have to think about how little time we have to create some impact in the world. It's a great tool to overcome fear :).