Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kay100

I feel like I seem to have less ego

1 post in this topic

I'm still learning the concept of ego. Right now my basic understanding is that ego is the part of us that's like comaring ourselves with others. The ego feels hurt or become defensive when we feel inferior and ego expands when we are in situation that we are better than others in someway.

In my life experience so far, most people would feel offended when they are in a position that they are less than others, they would start to resent the person that are better than them... And they are not willing to admit their own shortcomings... the ego just won't be ok with admitting that they are less in anyway.... 

I think that's just normal, there's nothing unusual about reacting like that, it's very understandable....

But I'm not sure why I feel like I'm a bit different. I obviously do have an ego, but most of the time I feel like I'm more ok with admiting that I'm not good at something, or I'm not as good as others in some aspects. I just feel like ok with it, I don't feel much of the tendacy of getting defensive... while seem like most people would easily start to get defensive.... I'm not sure why I'm not like that..... maybe I'm born with a less competitive personality? 

So is it mainly a personality difference? Like the type of people who are very ambitious, they have big goals for themselves and want to be the best, maybe those are the type of people who have more ego? If they always want to be the best then obviously it would be very hard for them when they encounter people who are better then them, their ego would not want to admit that they might be less in anyway.....

Maybe I'm the type that's mild and easy going and never wanted to be the best, so then my ego is a lot smaller I guess?...

Even in some situation that I might be a bit better than others in something, I can feel my ego wants to get me start feeling superior in someway, at those times I would have to consciously refuse my ego.... I just don't like the feeling of thinking that I'm superioir, it's not a good feeling for me and usually if I think I'm superior that would often make other people feel less, and I really don't want that.... it's not nice or kind to hurt other people and feed my ego.... what's the point.... hey but lots of people do like that.... they like to feel superior, and they don't mind about making other people feel small.... Those are the times that I feel like I seem to have less ego.....

Maybe it's the less competitive personality or maybe I'm kind of empath and sensitive to other people's feelings..... I'm not sure the reason why I have less ego than others.....