Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Greengrass

Dance and consciousness

2 posts in this topic

I’m a dancer, and often when I practise any sort of dance, I always do it in front of a mirror. 
Recently, every time I do any sort of dance, I become hyper-conscious of my body, that this body that I am using to dance is not me, but ‘I’ am controlling my body. It feels so odd. I then experiment with movement. I feel how I can control this body, but it’s not ‘me’. 

I look into the mirror and make eye contact with myself at times.  I get a feeling that ‘you know who you really are, you know it deep down’ and small glimpses. I then have to pause for a bit as i feel like I’ve experienced a huge sudden shift in consciousness for just a moment, and then I return.

it’s very interesting :) 

Edited by Greengrass
Just changed the title

Now try to examine nondoership. There is no I controlling the dance. There’s really just the dance, speaking from my direct experience. 

Also, keep dancing — it’s great for flow states which allow for no mind. The mirror is also great. I hit my first strong experience of No Self while recording a video and realizing that the head on my body and head on the screen both had an equal connection (as far as self goes) to the experience which was occurring. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead.