Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Key Elements

Sages/gurus/monks & Entrepreneurship

3 posts in this topic

Here's a true story that I heard, and I got it from one of the books of Robert Kiyosaki. He's the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad and Guide to Investing. I like the second book better because it tells more details. Here's the story:

Bill & John

There was a village with a water problem. All they had was an enormous bin in the middle of their village, and that was their only water supply. The villagers had to go down to the nearby river a mile away with their buckets, scoop up water, come back, and pour it into the bin.

The leader of the village got tired of this problem and called Bill and John for help since they were the best problem solvers. John got to work immediately. He got two huge buckets from the general store and started going back and forth from river to bin. He worked 14 hrs a day. The villagers paid him well.

Bill, on the other hand, disappeared. No one knew where he went. Everyone thought he has given up. However, six months later he showed up with a lawyer's contract (due diligence), two wealthy investers, and a water pipeline construction company. He built pipelines from river to bin and to all the homes in the village. Now the villagers had at least one sink and a bathtub. He knew that other villages and small towns nearby had this problem, so he built pipelines there too. For the water, he only charged one cent per gallon, but that's ok. He got billions of orders.

Then, I saw a YouTube clip of Shaolin monks that reminded me of this story. I've been watching them for a while now. Have a look at the first scene of this clip. They are carrying buckets.

I noticed that sages/gurus/monks are very disciplined. They are capable of doing this - "building pipelines," if they had to, and donating most of the money to charity.

I know that Sathya Sai Baba of India started hospitals and universities. I heard that some other guru had a toothpaste product made from natural materials.

Just wanted to share this. Here a basic startup structure.

bi_triangle.jpg

bi_triangle.jpg

illuminati.jpg6f0d02023f9b19595ca1928318025bb3-d81pv3l.jpg

Hmm...Interesting :o

Illuminati = enlightenment 

If you read Kiyosaki's book, Guide to Investing, he also uses the pyramid to describe a startup structure. Triangles are the strongest shape, and that's why the pyramids in Egypt are built to withstand the test of time. This is what Kiyosaki was referring to. 

Ralph Smart from Infinite Waters said that illuminati simply means enlightenment. 

Both pieces of info makes this interesting. 

Edited by Key Elements

Awesome toothpaste by Baba Ramdev (Guru)...

patanjali-dant-kanti-toothpaste-review.JPG

Edited by Key Elements