Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justaperson001

Physics 101

2 posts in this topic

I have seen people express a deep level of dissatisfaction with all these things we have been taught in life to be true without ever being taught why. Technical jargon and mathematical equations, what is true and untrue in not clearly perceived by those who have not been taught. Over the course of this board I will challenge you with questions that will make you think about how you define the world and what makes it the way it is. Some say intelligence is a gift that some are blessed with, others say it is a product of learning. I personally believe it is a bit of both, for those who are willing to truly open their minds, to stretch themselves to the limit and to truly learn, seeking truth and knowledge in earnest, intelligence will find them. I took my first upper level College Course on Mathematics when I was 14, so I'd like to take this opportunity with you all to share what I have learned. 

This board follows along the book Introduction to Measurement in the Physics Laboratory: A Probabilistic Approach, it is a book in the open domain and I will link it below, it is by Andy Buffler and Saalih Allie Department of Physics, University of Cape Town, South Africa and Fred Lubben and Bob Campbell Science Education Group, Department of Educational Studies, University of York, UK

I highly encourage anyone struggling with proven scientific facts to print this document out and spend some time questioning why it is certain things are defined the way they are in society. Figure out what is arbitrary, figure out what isn't and question why it is that way. Find new ways to find complexity in simple things, find new ways to simplify the complex. As humans we are physical, spiritual, emotional, but also analytical creatures. I joined actualized.org because, the lectures on emotional health were so on point. I feel that people here seem to do an excellent job of caring for their emotions and their spirits, but in the quest for self actualization, as a person striving to live up to full human potential, I this is one of the kinds of food the analytical mind needs.

The Book: http://www.phy.uct.ac.za/sites/default/files/image_tool/images/281/people/buffler/new_gum-compliant/Introduction to Measurement manual (UCT Physics).pdf

Edited by xGreyWolf0909x

Day One: Question 1

You arrive home after your first practical afternoon in the physics laboratory and say to your friend, “Today was the best day of my life ! I did a really interesting experiment in physics ! The fun part was comparing my measurements with those of the other students in the class.” Your friend looks puzzled and asks...

"What is an experiment?"

What do you say to your friend?