Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Justice, a misconstrued value?

1 post in this topic

Krishnamurti defined justice in a very simple way. Love, compassion, and mercy. 

Is justice a core value for people who are envious for others who have more? Or is there something inherently spiritual about justice. 

I see two sides of the argument here. I see in me where I hold justice and fairness as a core value of mine. One of my top 4 values is justice. But I see where people come from when they see this ideal for justice is motivated mainly by selfish envy or some ego-centric ideal for a paradise.

Stoics, Judaism, and the Christian Bible frequently discuss the topic of justice. Eastern mysticism like to kid of the concept of justice, but also hint at the fact that being playful, peaceful, and collaborative with nature is essentially justice. Basically, it summarizes the same point with western mysticism. 

How do you see the concept of justice? 

Obviously, we all know any attachment or obsession with any concept, idea, or ideal is essentially "devilry". I guess my question is here, then, does the word justice have the right to sit with these words such as love, freedom, happiness, peace, courage, God

Edited by charlie cho