goldpower123

Dealing with dark side of duality, attachment

3 posts in this topic

My spiritual awareness has taken a different turn the past month, basically I have been sometimes experiencing the "void" where I feel cut off from the source, and awareness of the dark side of duality, internal suffering and fears/inner demons coming to the surface, assimilating back down into the "ego dream." Reality would feel physically hollow and meaningless, bit of loneliness due to the lack of oneness connection with everything else. I would feel exposed to the darker/yin energy in this world more. It's really like a timeline shift, there's like different versions of me.

I've reflected on the experience and it's definitely something todo with attachment vs non attachment, duality vs non duality, because at some level I get enjoyment and satisfaction living my own way and being selfish with disregard to Truth and consciousness, but also there is suffering that comes with that. Whenever I try confront the Truth out of response to that deeper suffering and unfulfillment, I feel vulnerable psychologically because it's like I'm doing it from my old nature, and I would risk witnessing/opening my mind up to something I wasn't prepared for, and cause trauma/damage

What helps is not resisting, but to adapt to that energy within myself, knowing I can change at will, and keep enjoying my life, and realize I can pick and choose which energies to gravitate towards, don't let it choose me. It's like a really strong powerful force of the ego pulling me right back and it's convincing. 

Try to hold space for both simultaneously. This will yield non-attachment as you cannot be one or the other when you are both. 

42 minutes ago, goldpower123 said:

What helps is not resisting, but to adapt to that energy within myself, knowing I can change at will, and keep enjoying my life, and realize I can pick and choose which energies to gravitate towards, don't let it choose me

Nice! This is everything. Thanks for sharing!