Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WDK

Is This Still A Noble Value?

3 posts in this topic

I am mostly done with the Values section of the life purpose course and I find my value of impact seems noble but is somewhat based on positive feedback from others but I don't think it's purely approval, I simply like to see that what I am doing is helping others.

Impact

Contributing to others through my work and getting positive feedback on how my ideas have improved the quality of their lives. I am producing content regularly and regularly asking for feedback from people who enjoy my content and are making positive changes in their lives.

Do you think this is still a noble value?

Listening to feedback is definitely good. Whether it's in business, your relationships, politics and whatever eneavors you are engaged in. Listening to people is good, whether it's positive or negative. Just make sure you don't rely on the positive feedback of others to make yourself feel good. First and foremost you are the one that has to feel good about your own work. Do the things you produce make you feel good, does it fulfill you and do you feel you are doing a good job creating it? If so, the positive feedback from others is just a cherry on top, it should not be the bulk of the cake.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Thanks for your feedback on the topic of feedback xD

So I also have values that speak to this.

Creativity/Self Expression/Innovation

I am exposing myself to new insights and sharing them with other people in a creative and unique way. I would be regularly sharing helpful and interesting ideas to benefit other people and creatively presenting them in a way that expresses myself and my opinions.  I am doing something creative everyday such as brainstorming content ideas, creating new talks or presentations, and fleshing out ideas as it pertains to my content.

Progress/Growth

I am getting tasks done that progress me towards my life purpose, personal goals, and tracking my behaviors to see where I am growing. I am also freeing myself from scarcity thinking, mental blocks, and other neurosis on an ongoing basis. I am reminding myself of my purpose and my goals daily and doing tasks each day that move me closer to mastery in those areas, and tracking my progress to reflect on what I accomplished (Such as recording the number of speeches I have done at toastmasters, the speeches themselves, and the number of podcasts I've done). I am also growing personally through taking courses, retreats, seminars, meditation, journaling exercises, and using professional help to resolve negative patterns within myself to grow more in my pursuit of mastery and personally.