Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miavono

The Dark Side of Psychedelics

2 posts in this topic

I tried DMT...it was hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wcZw8lIUSo

All of my own experiences (thought limited to micro dosing with Psilocybin and LSD) have been formative and very meaningful but I have been very cautious and careful about my approach, sometimes it feels like it would be cool to 'just go for it' but then I see stories like this and think that my integrated approach with meditation, breathwork and all the other non psychedelic techniques are worth sticking too and that there is no rush.

Here is a powerful example of how things can go wrong if they aren't respected or taken naively. I would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts about Sorelle's experience and if they have any similar insights, whether surrendering is always the right thing to do and how they have overcome and really rough trip?

Leo's videos have been very formative in shaping my respect for Psychedelics and opening my mind to them, I fear that these types of stories will increase over time as the popularity and attractiveness of them grows too. On one hand I would like to think that they won't fall into the same fate that they have the last few times that they have had a large societal surge, but something also makes me think that it won't be sunshine and rainbows and there will be some big backlash with legality and the acceptance of them as a valid tool because the scary stories and the fear they induce can spread like wildfire, bad news seems to travel quicker than any other news. 

Super interesting video! Psychedelics are a gamble, even if you have a good set and setting, you dont know what you might encounter. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!