GabeN

Sun and cold showers , key to an amazing morning.

2 posts in this topic

Okay so this is a habit I've been doing that is making my mornings just so much better and gives me a boost of energy of almost 4 hours without needing caffeine.

It's pretty simple:

Your body has a Circadian rhythm gets manipulated by light, there are cells in your brain that exist only to tell the body what time it is so it releases the correct chemicals and hormones at the correct time , but the problem is that staying in bed at 8 am and looking through the window will most of the time not cut it, since you need more lux (a way to measure light) to activate the circadian rhythm correctly, what is recommended is actually going outside for at least 5 to 10 minutes, there's a huge difference between staying inside and going outside you'll have to try it yourself to see, and artificial light is not enough.

After that I take a hot shower followed by a cold one , cold showers have been proven to be effective to release norepinephrine in the Brain and this energizing the body and releasing dopamine so that you get the motivation to hit the day.

I like to delay caffeine after 2 hours at least of waking up, it helps prolong my focus time whenever without having a bad crash early.

Good luck

Yes these two things make me feel wayyyy better. I just stopped doing my early morning walk recently due to poor weather, but I realize now that I probably never should have stopped. 

When I turn the water on cold, I tell myself "get ready to feel some bliss". Viewing the cold water as 'bliss' lets my actually enjoy the thrill of having it on my skin. To time it, I just tell myself I have to wash my whole body with soap before I make it warm again.