Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billytblack

Microdosing Mushroom and THC (weed)

1 post in this topic

I've been experimenting with micro-dosing for a good 4-5 months now. I started with THC and CBD since it is legal in Canada, then  soon added Psilocybin because.. well it's unclear how legal or illegal it is. I read on the gov website that it's legal to grow the mushroom, but as soon as you remove it from the ground then it's illegal to possess haha.

I'll try to be brief and also to give some sort of comparison between the two in how they affect me.

First lets start with the dosage.

I will usually use a weed oral spray containing 25mg THC and 15mg CBD per spray. Here's how it goes:

Dosage        Delay        Time
25mg           1h              30min
50mg           1h              50min
100mg        50min        1h30
200mg        50min        3-4hours
300mg        40min        4hours
400mg        40min        4hours+

The delay is how much time the drug takes to become active on an empty stomach. (Note that having a full stomach can delay the effect up to 5 hours. So take it slow on the spray/drops/edible if you don't feel the effects just yet).
The time is the duration of the 'trip'. I usually sit down or lay down on my back when I take THC sprays. Now, I would not consider these doses a 'trip' where you hallucinate; not until you get to 250-300mg THC or more. After the 'tripping' part you'll still feel the effects slowly going down, feeling relaxed for the next 4-12 hours or so.

Concerning the mushroom dosage:

Dosage        Delay            Time
125mg        1h+                 40min
250mg        1h                   1hour
500mg        45min            2hours
1g               30-40min       2-4hours
2g+             15-30min       4-5hours+

I always eat mushrooms on a full stomach, otherwise I feel like vomiting. After the tripping part, I still see the effects slowly going down; feeling relaxed, happy, energetic for the next 4-24 hours or so.

What you might experience with THC is different than Psilocybin mushroom. Of course, this is impossible to explain, but I would say this; Mushrooms (1gram+) are like an explosion of colours in all directions, and you dive really deep into this explosion. THC at 300mg is more like an horizontal explosion of gray/dark colours. Again, that may not make sense, but basically they are different.

The reason why I like THC so much is that, first you can use is everyday. Unlike mushroom, your body doesn't develop a tolerance very quickly. Second, at a lower dosage, is seems to be the perfect tool to meditate and letting go of subconscious patterns. With a higher dosage, it gets difficult to remember and keep focus on anything. But, at this point, it is still a useful tool to dive deeper into the subconscious and see the hidden traumas/beliefs/desires that limits, in many ways, your possibilities for a rich meaningful life.
The downside is if you eat before, you'll have to wait 4h to start feeling the effects haha.

CBD on it's own is a good option as well. It'll relax you and you'll then be able to let go of attachments in an easier manner.

In terms of psilocybin microdosing, I prefer going with 500gram, as it gives stronger insights than 125-250mg.. without a 4hour duration. The experience is a bit different as it seems to go directly to the source. You gain clarity, feel your own presence and also quickly notice how much full of shit your excuses/thoughts are. You realize that what you've been looking for all this time is your Self. In a sense, it's like a truth serum.. unless you resist the experience.

So to resume all of this microdosing, I use THC+CBD to meditate and let go/surrender to what is. I take mushrooms to gain clarity and deeper insights. Lastly, if you don't have access to mushroom, I would say in my experience when you get to 300-400mg of THC, you can have a similar trip to ingesting 1-1.5gram of shrooms. Not the same experience, but very close in intensity.

A note of warning; If you know yourself to have a tendency to be addicted to other drugs (coffee, alcohol, etc), then using weed might not be a good idea for you. I don't always microdose 5x/week either. I may do it 4x this week and go without it for 10 days and then 2x/week for 4 weeks straight, etc. I trust my gut to know when the time is right ;). What is important is to keep a daily practice of meditation/surrender.

Let me know what you guys think, you've probably had different experiences as well.

Enjoy your day!!

Edited by billytblack