Hulia

I love this guy

21 posts in this topic

The punishment that this teacher used, was to let us stand up for some time. She let some selected kids sit down. Once when we were standing, Roman told, that he felt sick and asked if he could sit down. She didn´t allow, silly woman. You should be blind or dumb or both not to see how pale his face was. Besides why should he ask to sit down, if he hadn´t feel bad? She didn´t do any good to the kids who were allowed to sit when all the rest had to stand. Just a couple of seconds after she told "no", Roman fell on the floor unconscious. And then I experienced the teacher how I have never known her - emotional and uncontrollably in panic. She was afraid. She took Roman on her arms. And then this small old woman ran with him on her arms. We all were running after her and were loud, but she didn´t see or hear anything. 

The other time we had to stand while some kids were allowed to sit down. One girl, a new one, remained to stand, though the teacher allowed her to sit down. She told: I was also chatting like everyone else, why should I be differentiated? Soon afterwards we have become friends. I told her that she impressed me with that small honesty and rebellion. And she answered, that she just didn´t want to look bad in the eyes of other guys, who were already hissing at her.

There was a girl, who was neater and better dressed than the rest of us. Though we all had to wear ugly brown uniform. But hers was not brown, it was blue. Nobody had a blue dress, because in the shops only the brown ones were available. Everybody knew a blue one was not from our country. The teacher was always especially nice to her as to nobody else. My parents told that that girls´s father had a high position in the municipality. She always were allowed to sit when we were punished by standing. But it did no good to her, this special treatment and a blue uniform. Being also shy she got resentment.

That is what I remember from my elementary school time. Also a short episode when a shool director dropped in our class room. And the teacher has even got another voice, so thin and sweet as I never knew she was even capable of, this severe grey woman...

If I knew a secret. One slight touch at the heart and everything feels beauriful. I bet, not even an hour in a fish assana would cause this effect

Edited by Hulia