Progress

Whats Behind Your Mask?

4 posts in this topic

I've been long interested in this idea of an external and internal personality. Everyone has both and the key to life is to have a strong foundation not in one but both(at least for 98% of people). When I refer to the "the mask" I mean it as the external personality not as living a lie(although that can be the case). What are masks used for? Hiding, lying, acting or expressing oneself. Our masks are the product of our internal personalities. It is either to express our authentic self and share it efficently or to hide it away. Throughout our lives we will revise the masks over and over. The artist will continue crafting the mask till it fits a level of beauty which represents their soul. The shy person will add layers upon layers to defend itself against the judgment,scrutiny and imaginary threats of the outside world. In this case, it is a wall not a statue. Most people are a mixture of both. Some leaning more to having a wall and others to having a statue. 

Unknown.jpeg

@Progress Personally speaking my true face changes from time to time, luckily till this point in my life I didnt have to wear a mask not yet anyway. 

On 12/1/2016 at 3:44 PM, Progress said:

@avk123 I simply use a mask as a way to describe your external personality.

I understand, personally speaking, inside and outside are one of the same for myself, I cant deny what im feeling inside on oppose on what im doing on the outside. Its called being seen and vulnerable.