Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jodistrict

Ayahuasca ceremony - open eye visions

2 posts in this topic

The Ayahuasca ceremony was outside on a grass field surrounded by majestic trees.   We brought sleeping bags and the ceremony lasted all night under the stars.  After taking the first cup, nothing happened for about 1 ½ hours.   I then took a second cup.  After 10 minutes, I started to feel something.  The shaman placed his hand on my forehead and I instantly entered the journey.  

I was looking up at the stars and a large tree with many branches which was above me.   Suddenly, I could see a serpent in the tree.  It was staring at me and was coiled around a branch.  It was large and beautiful.  It was light green but then would open its scales and flash bright red geometric patterns.  An image started drawing on the sky above me in white smoke.  Something told me that it was an image of god.  I closed my eyes.   I opened my eyes again and the serpent’s face was the image.  It was telling me that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was god.    I then saw myself standing and holding a spear next to other Indian warriors.  In front of us was our kingdom which was multicolored geometric patterns stretching out to infinity.   In the background, sacred drums were beating.  The drums had a beautiful rich tonality and rhythm which drove me deeper into trance.

In Shamanism, the serpent takes you on the journey to the underworld which is your past, your unconscious, your true self.  I was brought back to my childhood and shown that the source of trauma wasn’t what happened but that I was not understood and had no one to talk to.  My parents who were also traumatized denied my reality.  The medicine showed me that I have continued this pattern and have tended to seek out equally unconscious people to deny me again.  

It’s interesting that in the Abrahamic religions, the serpent is characterized as evil.  We are still under the influence of desert dwellers who explained their world by what was around them.  They saw snakes as bad.  The Jungle dwellers see snakes as neighbors.  In India, snakes are charmed.   They are respected.  Nature is respected.  Could it be that the purpose of characterizing the serpent as evil is to block us from understanding ourselves and reclaiming our power, since it is the serpent that guides us to or true self.  The power then goes to the corrupt priests and politicians, who are in lower consciousness, so the power goes to a mindless machine.   The medicine seemed to be conveying this message to me since I was raised in a christian background that crushes the true self and replaces it with a false self that propagates the virus.  

In the morning, it was cold and I could see how nature starts to awaken with the rising sun.  The animals would start speaking and the woodpeckers flew to the palm trees.    Waking up outside, I felt a close connection to nature that reinforced my nightime visions.    

Vincit omnia Veritas.