Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dearleo123

Dear Leo

2 posts in this topic

Hey man,

I've been following your videos, advice, reflections, opinions, experiences, truths and discovery of (illusory ;) ) opposites for a long time, all in all I've experienced your message on youtube and the forum alone. You've opened up an area of discovery beyond reading philosophy, metaphysics, psychology, medicine, with which I fall in love all over again on a daily basis helping others in this amazing mindfeck we call life. Throughout my life I've transitioned my perception of you from a 'Guru(A) (pardon the pun :P ) , to a teacher, to a friend, to a brother. Of someone that is just like me, that is part of the Self in its infinite Tao of life, discovering the unbelievable beauty, surprise, wonder, passion, desire, compassion, LOVE of it. And that is where my complain is with you, because it seems to lead to much misunderstanding, pain, confusion, existential crises, be it solipsitical in nature or otherwise, in many people, leading to tragedies that can be avoided:

You overcomplicate the Truth by adding the You in it. The lesson does not get to majority that listen to your perspective without the individuation of the true, free Self that is itanginble from the rest. Your concept of Me, Self, does not apply to the majority who frankly get hurt and don't understand what you mean.

'But, Leo' you hear one more time - I get we are all learning, and it is the part of th eternal now, but the Truth is far more radical than what you are able to describe it as, as deep as we all try to. It is beyond description, and naming it God, advertising psychedelics as you ge there (which I don't say don't work, mind ya they'll catapult you right into the fecking middle of it), can lead to more harm than good. The essence of your message is beautiful, but you may want to stop describing it in the current terms. Because You=Us=Self=Infinite=Being.

The infinite compassion of it, the infinity of the plan of progress is beyond the scope, and albeit we may sometimes reach into the cheat of comprehension, it is all beyond the collective Us. Being 'radical' enough involves getting rid of the idea of you (Frank Yang had a beautiful reflection of it), and the You that you often use becomes insufficient. Attention, click-worthy of course, but not true. Putting your 'awakenings' above others, Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed, whomever else, leads nowhere. Truth is singular, and far more radical than infinite possibilties of awakenings to its multiplicites. While it may be infinite, Truth once recognized will always remain so. One can always argue between knowing various facets of Truth in its infinites, yet that which is always said, whcih we all parrot all over again, is infinite love.

And Infinite Love=Self, but that is the msaage that 99% of your viewership does not understand, with particular random individuals just finding you for self actualization as well. It can lead to serious existential depression, confusion, fuckership. Your mind needs to bend to its absolute limits to start comprehending the message that is truly conveyed in it all. Self-inquiry for the majority is mind-bending, cruel, masochistic. It can be done in a much gentler, less drastic way. The way you do it now is potentially dangeorus, no matter what disclaimer you put on YouTube. Because ultimately, that is for you. No offence, but it covers your back yet leaves your audience vulnerable nevertheless. Your message, no matter how well put it is, can be painful.

And you are ignoring that fact leads to you hurting you. For all your lessons, you once mentioned you don't particularly care about working with other people (direct quotation I believe). But that is getting stuck in the realization of lack of difference in self-other. You still tend to remain in the self bit - perhaps you do mean Self, but then Other is just the same. And simply preaching about it, even with good intention, leads to falseness.

To conclude, I thank you, You're a good Bro, a curious parallel infinite stream of Consciousness that taught me to think for myself. For that, for discovery of Self within me that will always be with me, ultimately is me viewed through this thin lens of an Ego, I thank you, I namaste. As Krishnamurti once said, once the teacher disappears, you can actually start. I kill the Buddha on the road, because infinity is beyond naming it as Self or other. And I believe the Truth is beyond the description you attempt to term it through, despite the goodness of your intentions. More careful terms should be used, and more compassion shared along all others. It is all you, the mentally ill, confused, young, middle-aged and old - creation of a forum of such a scale necessitates more.

Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy,  nor is it proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps records of no wrongs'

I appreciate you and wish you all the best

I hope you finish your book that you've been working on all this time, I'll happily read it

Your long time viewer and friend

Pete

5 hours ago, dearleo123 said:

Self-inquiry for the majority is mind-bending, cruel, masochistic.

advertising psychedelics as you get there [...] can lead to more harm than good

Deconstructing karma is presumably painful with or without Leo. Psychedelics, on the other end, can unfold into more suffering than what physically-based entities normally experience, so I don't disagree. Only reasons I can see not to excessively warn psychedelics is to avoid building up fears before a bad trip or discouraging entities who would really benefit from it.

5 hours ago, dearleo123 said:

Love does not envy,  nor is it proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps records of no wrongs'

Spiritual Love is not rooted on morality. uwu

tenor.gif