Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iksander

God's Meat Machine

4 posts in this topic

I'm so tired of this. All I do is fulfill biological drives and convince myself of various narratives. This is my life

1) Fulfill drives

2) Bullshit myself about everything

I'm looking for a way out of this. The only time I feel good is when I sleep. Sometimes before I sleep I get lucid and see things from a 'higher perspective' and it's incredible. It feels like looking at the world, situations and thoughts through god's eyes. My 'self' isn't there. If I could just find a way  to bring this into my day to day life.....

1 hour ago, Iksander said:

I'm so tired of this. All I do is fulfill biological drives and convince myself of various narratives. This is my life

1) Fulfill drives

2) Bullshit myself about everything

I'm looking for a way out of this. The only time I feel good is when I sleep. Sometimes before I sleep I get lucid and see things from a 'higher perspective' and it's incredible. It feels like looking at the world, situations and thoughts through god's eyes. My 'self' isn't there. If I could just find a way  to bring this into my day to day life.....

Well, every good lie has some sort of truth to them. Otherwise there would not be anything to believe in if it was all nonsense to begin with..

So let's look at your nr (2) here. Bullshit myself about everything.. If this is true, then that would mean that all that you have been writing down here is a lie essentially. You might not believe in that, but maybe it's true that it is all bullshit after all?

Maybe what you believe to be THE problem, is a lie then?

Sleep is often sweet because you don't actively think. So you can't judge yourself or the toughts, or your environment as efficent in dreams as you can when you are awake..

Maybe it is your beliefs about your so called biological drives that is creating unnecessary problem in the way you think. After all, if you need to go and take a shit. Why would you go the extra mile to give a shit about what you think about the whole process. Once a turd is flushed, you don't want to mourn it and think about the turd that is gone.. Right? If you got a bad stomach, then of course you might want to consider what you might have been eating prior to your toilet visit. And that is practical thinking, not excessive thinking about every little happening that is going on.

Maybe you just need to flush some thoughts?

@ZzzleepingBear

2 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

So let's look at your nr (2) here. Bullshit myself about everything.. If this is true, then that would mean that all that you have been writing down here is a lie essentially. You might not believe in that, but maybe it's true that it is all bullshit after all

When I said always that was an exaggeration. I have plenty of useful thoughts. However, Basic needs take up more of my mental activity than I would like and it causes suffering.

What I would like is some kind of strategies for 'tapping into' this lucid way of seeing things. Because it's loving clarity and it feels like pure bliss.

1 hour ago, Iksander said:

@ZzzleepingBear

When I said always that was an exaggeration. I have plenty of useful thoughts. However, Basic needs take up more of my mental activity than I would like and it causes suffering.

What I would like is some kind of strategies for 'tapping into' this lucid way of seeing things. Because it's loving clarity and it feels like pure bliss.

Thats fair, exaggeration can happen. But if you have a strong habbit of exaggerating thoughts, that can throw you into black and white thinking. That is something you might want to look out for, unless you feel fine with what you think.

The thing is, we can't change our basic need. We can only attend to them. You know, eating, resting, and so on. So if you take issue with the base line of life. You will for sure have to look over your reasoning unless you don't mind the confusion it will bring you.

You know, lucidity is seeing something for what it is. it sheds the doubt of belief. For example. You got to know in what order basic needs, and your belief about your basic needs, stands in relation to eachother. And it can't be known from a callculated guess, it should be obvious to you that eating, and resting is prior to your resisting belief about those needs. This is the way to lucidity. Learn about your own resistance towards things that aren't meant for you to change or manipulate. This is the tapping into lucidity. Learn to apply it to where it feels most urgent for you, and then work your way from where you are at the moment.

Edited by ZzzleepingBear