Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kvath

Is Entertainment Screwing With My Performance?

4 posts in this topic

Heya!

Soo.. Entertainment, that big mammoth. I actually don't know what to think about entertainment besides it's an "interesting" manifestation of the human existence. My thinking about it actually goes more towards questions like, what's its function (as some theorics says leisure time is neccesary)? why is so strong in our actual world? how does it affect human life?

I'm writing this new thread because lately i've been in this process of selecting which are the most important things (priorities) for my current life plan and i've had to do some cutting of extra fat here and there with things that aren't really contributing for my goals. Mostly it has been certain habits and thinking patterns but i've had to start cutting also big commitments like my participation on some choirs and teams of people in my university like editorial funds and research groups. That i did because i was feeling really exhausted and decided to keep with the essential things to keep advancing with my life so i'm sure that i am laser focused on them and with the amount of energy neccesary for that.

It's been something like 2 weeks since i started cutting the "big" things and i definitely have a lot of energy now and feel lots more peaceful than before but i've started to see that i'm consuming more entertainment like series and web surfing (although i must say that my web surfing is mostly for finding things that i'm interested on like music theory, guitar tips, personal development, etc etc) which is making me not work on the projects i have now (i think).

So, what do you think about that question according to my case. Is entertainment screwing with my performance? Cheers

Entertainment can be moderated to the point where doesn't really screw up your performance. Unless you want to do consciousness work and aim for a monastic lifestyle, you shouldn't be too worried.

Do you think you could be more productive if you cut out the entertainment?

On 21/11/2016 at 9:24 PM, Extreme Z7 said:

Entertainment can be moderated to the point where doesn't really screw up your performance. Unless you want to do consciousness work and aim for a monastic lifestyle, you shouldn't be too worried.

Well i know i don't want to be a monk but still i want to have a conscious life, i'm done with being a pleasure addict.

On 21/11/2016 at 6:01 AM, Schulzy said:

Do you think you could be more productive if you cut out the entertainment?

Definitely.

You know guys.. actually what i want to know is if entertainment gives some value to my life or if there's a reason to add it there more than for the sake of having a hit of pleasure. Most of the time that i'm tired i just go to pleasure and i really want to make my time count... i mean, why go watch a movie when i could play the guitar and cultivate a more profound and lasting pleasure as sharpening my musical skills?

I don't know if im being neurotic about this. I just think that i want to give my life value creating it more than just by consuming it

Edited by Kvath