DimmedBulb

Life Purpose Found In A Fellow Person?

25 posts in this topic

@Martin123 A catalyst she is, that's for certain. She made me realize life isn't just about what I'd call merely existing.

Just progress.

You cant safe her anymore than you can safe yourself. So stop f*cking trying ;) (kudos to anyone recognizing the lyrics)

I was in a similar Situation once. Needy, desperate, in delusion. A girl far away, suicidal, me as her helper. I was wise enough to build myself up, to the point of not needing her anymore (still wanting, though). It took three years and a 30 cm scar on her arm. But when we met, i was ready. We are having a great relationship since then (5years).

Do the work, safe yourself first, be well!

Edited by Franz

@Franz I've got a lot of work ahead of me. To give you an idea: I'm at "if I do this, I'll be punished, so therefore I'll avoid doing it" levels of morality. I'll have to see what happens.

Just progress.

@DimmedBulb Thats fine, it does not matter at which level you start, just dont beat yourself up :) 

You are describing negative morality, avoiding things out of fear... try to move towards things you want instead!

Asking you to be more detatched (from all kinds of things) wont help you much right now, but maybe

remember it as somewhat of a long therm goal?

@Franz I'm noticing my own behaviours, which is a step up. I'm doing meditation as well. The fear will fade away once I have fully grasped what I've learned thus far.

Just progress.