Raphael

3 Minutes Guided Meditation For Beginners

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I want to show what is meditation to a group of people that maybe don't even know what it is. I want to make them feel quickly relaxed and calm in 3 minutes, so I did this :

Be in the present moment and put all your attention on your body. Feel completely your body, from your foot to your head.

Notice your respiration, feel this movement in your body. Feel yourself breathing in and then breathing out.

Notice every others sensations. The pressure of your body on your chair, notice your heart beating, feel your clothes on your body.

Now let go of everything that’s in your mind and just be in the present moment. Let go of everything else and continue to feel your body.

Imagine that there is no past and no future, the only thing that exist is this present moment.

Notice the sound of my voice, now notice this silence. Become the silence. You are this silence, you are calm and relaxed.

Enjoy this moment.
I’m going to count to ten, when I’ll will be at ten you will open your eyes. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. Open your eyes.

What's your thoughts on this guided meditation ?

Edited by Raphael

It looks good, maybe little bit too short but what do you intend to do with it? Make a youtube video?

1 minute ago, Schulzy said:

It looks good, maybe little bit too short but what do you intend to do with it? Make a youtube video?

No it's not for a youtube video, it's only for a school classroom. I don't think that it's too short, I've already done some experiments and it seems that speaking more make concentration a little bit harder. I'm going to make some blanks of 5 - 10 seconds and speak slowly.

That sounds amazing! Exactly like a guided meditation session I went through this app - Aura. It has really helped me with my breathing, sinusitis and anxiety issues. Even stopped my overthinking! And it was that simple. I had tried everything from yoga to working out to.. well... binge drinking.