Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shan

Meditation Questions For Leo Or Any.

3 posts in this topic

I am pleased to say that I have been meditating for 6 months now and have grown from being able to do it from 3 minutes to FOREVER. I do 30 minutes now only because I need to attend to life.

I have some questions despite the good results. Want to theoretically drill these into mind which further motivates to practice meditation. Apologies if the videos / forum cover this clearly and I missed it.

1) Is my literal defintion of Meditation correct :  'The practice of observing the sub-conscious mind with the conscious mind' ? If yes, what is the difference between that and the "do nothing" technique taught by Leo ? Perhaps in meditation we consciously choose to kill a thought but in the do nothing technique we don't interfere ? 

2) Leo says that if someone practices Meditation for 2 years or so there will be amazing benefits and early stages are just small gold-nuggets.  The benefits I think will happen are these : We will be extremely and habitually mindful to a point that we will process every single thought before responding in any way ? This way we control ever action and we consciously choose what thoughts we randomly get should be pursued or discarded leading us to amazing focus.

Thank You.

The above is my first forum post and I have posted in the wrong directory.  Can someone please help me fix it ?

@Shan Hi :D

In a sense, for most people, there thoughts and emotional reactions to set thoughts run there life. One could say they are trapped in this way of thinking. When you meditate and become aware of set thoughts and reactions you create space between your "what ever you want to call it" and these thoughts. And thus we gain the ability to observe them and take action upon them or not. 
Hope that makes sense.