Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retardedhorse1

"visual Monkey Mind" During Meditation

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

ive been meditating consistently for almost two months now and its been going great.

Im doing a simple "concentration meditation" " shinzen young style^^" where i just focus on a body sensation and bring my attention back when it wanders.

I sometimes get pretty deep stillness which is great, often however this "visual monkey mind" is going nuts.

By that i mean my internal visual field just going crazy and shifting back and forth like an adhd child^^

I can keep feeling the sensation but at the same time theres all this visual crazyness which is much harder to calm down than the mental talk.

I dont just mean the normal stuff you see behind your eyelids tho, its visual thought of no particular shape or form but with great annoying movement.

Do you have any experience with this? Should i maybe switch to a "do nothing" like technique? 

@retardedhorse1

I have no idea.

I vaguely remember having something like this going on in the old days, but now.. or maybe I'm just used to it?

Do a body scan, and then just pay attention to the stillness pervading the monkey business itself.  You don't really want to calm the mind, just get a sense that the body and mind arise in you, rather than you being inside a body and mind.

That's all I got

That's just a phase.

If I were you, I would switch to do nothing because it will give a sense that "whatever I'm doing, it's ok. The important thing is that I'm here sitting." 

I think it will go away with time. I also had some problems with this. especially after watching on my computer screen for a long time. And then afterwards meditate.

Edited by Kerstin