yanidudels

Self realization and spiritual awakening

1 post in this topic

What is unexpected about spiritual awakening is that it is the beginning, not the end, of a spiritual process.  Few are prepared for the shifts in perspective, energy and orientation it offers.  At the moment of awakening there is often a sweeping sense of freedom as all the identity falls away, yet a sense of radiant presence remains.  But such a change in the view of who we are and what we are can leave a mind disoriented.  Some say it is like becoming a baby Buddha -- one must learn to navigate the world in a new way.

Some of the concerns that may arise as a sense of identity returns are the feeling of having known great peace, clarity or joy which now seems to have faded away, the sense of flowing through synchronicities in one's life has been lost, a lack of drive and direction, and loss of interest in engagement with old habits and friends.  It is the re-awakening of the little "me" that notices these changes and worries about them or feels a sense loss or sadness.  The spiritual "me" that has driven one toward an awakening has lost its thrust and so it may seem like there is nothing to do.  The awakened consciousness had none of these concerns -- it doesn't buy into drifting thoughts or stories about the past or future.  But the human tendency to create meaning and want familiarity and understanding is very powerfully programmed into the patterns of mind and it can easily resurrect itself even after a deep and profound realization of Truth.

here are some of what I learned from reading and uderstanding this course I don't know if you already know about this but I'll share it to you https://bit.ly/2SULlv m (delete the space between the V and M to see the link thank you