Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mindcentral

Fibromyalgia

2 posts in this topic

I've had fibromyalgia for about 6 years now. I've tried myriad treatments, but maybe some of you have suggestions that I'm not aware of?

I've done most 'standard' treatments and have tried most diets, except vegan which I don't believe will help me as I drive best on animal products. I've also done the carnivore diet, Wim Hof Method (still do, it's good but doesn't cure me or anything), acupuncture, somatic experiencing, floatation tanks, etc etc etc.. I'm familiar with Joe Dispenza so don't bother posting about him. Also please don't tell me to meditate or do psychedelics or seek enlightenment (been there done that).

Had you had any viral assessments? Many cases of fibro or CFS have been caused by post-viral exposure HCV, HIV, Coxsackie B, and Parvovirus. Maybe worth discussing this possibility with an immunologist? 

It may not necessarily be the virus itself but an exhausted immune system fighting with something which is driving chronic low-grade minor inflammation causing slow progressive mitochondrial damage and hence loss of energy production and fatigue -> pain. 

Consider working with a functional medicine doctor or a naturopath to get to the bottom of this. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus